Sunday, June 2, 2013

And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini

Hosseini's 3rd book and I'm an official fan. I guess I thought the first two could be flukes (no I didn't, they were wonderful).

I wasn't entirely sure where this one was going. We started out with a fable, then went into the journey of little Pari and her big brother, Abdullah. They are with their father, walking to Kabul from their little village to meet with their uncle Nabi. It's not like I would give anything away by saying more, but I would, because I want you to take the same journey and weave through the story like I did.

Hosseini gives us an amazing story that, with the one act that happens in Kabul, pulls in so many other people in it's wake. I was astounded at the book's end and wistful that I could write like this someday. We're taken from Kabul to the US to France to Greece and all the stories are connected over a span of many decades.

Just beautiful.

No comments: