Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Naked Heat by Richard Castle

This is the first book I've read by the fictional Richard Castle. I love the show Castle, mainly because I adore Nathan Fillion. I honestly had no idea that Castle's books were being published at the same time. The more you know....

I listened to this audiobook and I feel like I should give Castle another chance. I really had issues with the reader. His voices were sometimes just over the top and took me out of the plot. I think the next Castle book I try, I'll read.

Nikki Heat is trying to solve the murder of a notorious gossip columnist Cassidy Towne. Unfortunately, Jameson Rook (the fictionalized writer of the fictionalized Castle - got that?) was already at the scene of the murder when Heat gets there. Apparently this is the 2nd book and picks up from the first, Heat Wave. I missed that. But this proves you don't need to read the books in order.

Lots of high profile celebrities and a fired limo driver just complicate matters. This isn't stellar writing, but it's entertaining and I enjoyed it.

No comments: