Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 is finally over....

While 2009 does not appear to be starting well, I'm still happy 2008 is past.

My goal in 2008 was to read 70 books, up from 65 last year. I made it to 72. So I suppose that means the 2009 goal is going to be 75. Whew. I'm going to have to quit my job soon just so I can read more. Does anyone want to pay me to read?

My list of books for the year is found at Goodreads, rather than reposting all of them here.

I ended up purchasing more books yesterday. That's what I get for meeting a friend at a bookstore. I bought Henry James' Turn of the Screw and Daisy Miller. Granted it was $2.99 but I realized once I got home that I had already printed out The Turn of the Screw from Gutenberg and I have Daisy Miller on my ipod from Librivox. I really need to pay more attention.

I also got Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I thought my friend had bought the last copy but she didn't. Whoot!

I also received a free autographed copy of Bloodstone by Nate Kenyon. He's on Goodreads and sent out an offer of his book. I never pass up free books. Unless they are Christian or Romance.

I'm reading Ron Paul's The Revolution now and that will probably be my first book of this new year.

Happy New Year!

No comments: