Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Phantom Prey - John Sandford

I'm completely addicted to the Prey series. The last one slightly disappointed me so I was tempted to not buy the hardback to this one.

But I did.

And it was great! This involves Lucas Davenport, as per usual, working a couple of cases. The cases for this round involve the death of a "Goth" girl and a mobster type person.

Weather is friends with the Goth girl's mother, who implores Lucas to take the case. He does, out of kindness and the promise of kinky sex with Weather. While he's working the case, someone's coming up behind him killing other Goths. Is it the same person or the work of another?

The next case is going on at the same time as the Goth murder. Siggy is a mobster type fellow and Lucas and co. are running surveillance on his woman. And getting a good show. I really did like how this case ended. Surprise!

All in all, a very good Prey book.

No comments: