Sunday, February 16, 2020

How many people keep reading hoping it gets better?

Seriously. I had bought Crashing Heat by Richard Castle on a Kindle deal so I'm not out a lot of money but I'm still not happy this wasn't a library book. I LOVED the show Castle (for a while) and I loved the books (for a bit) but both declined, in my opinion.

Crashing Heat was just so much about Rook and his "genius" and so little of Heat and her team, solving murders. Aside from the gooiness of Heat talking about her husband (all. the. time.) we were off to a good start with an odd murder. A college student's body was found lying on a sculpture in a park. It would have taken effort to get a body up there so we know this wasn't an accident.

Roach, our favorite team, is on the case with Heat. Heat keeps drifting into thought of Rook and his going back to his alma mater to teach. Will the distance break them up?? Good lord, it's a few months and a few hours away. We have a murder to solve here, Heat. Snap out of it!


This is why I do not read romance novels. Rook ends up framed for murder at the college. His number one fan, Chloe, is dead in his bed. In his house. Is this what Heat feared? Did he cheat on her?? How about caring about poor, dead Chloe, Heat.

Heat makes an incredibly poor decision to go to the college and investigate on her own. She keeps telling us how un-biased she is as a trained detective, but, the suspected perp IS your husband soooo.... isn't that some bias?

This went downhill from there with secret societies and Illuminati shit. I highly do NOT recommend this one. Go read some of the earlier books, those will keep you entertained!

You know, I don't even remember what happened to the college student. He was essentially relegated to the back burner.




No comments: