Saturday, January 17, 2015

Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich

Number seventeen, obviously, in the Stephanie Plum series, this one made me laugh so damn loud I scared the dog. Honestly, each book is roughly the same, so the numbers don't mean much to me but despite the predictability, I love reading these books for the fun of it.

Stephanie and company are back and bodies are turning up in the pit that used to be Vinnie's Bail Bonds (whose employees have relocated to Mooner's bus). It seems to be just another crime to solve until a 3rd body is dumped and caught on video. The corpse is found with a note that says TO STEPHANIE.

Now it's personal.

In the meantime, Stephanie's mom is setting her up with an old high school football player, Dave, and he cooks! Stephanie and Morelli are in an open relationship, Ranger is still in the picture and now there's cooking Dave.

I figured out pretty early who the killer was but it was a hoot reading this book. Between the geriatric vampire, the dancing bear and, my LOL IRL moment, Lula stapling a robber, I couldn't stop laughing.


No comments: