Sunday, September 21, 2014

Struggling Through The Books

I'm in a lull with reading and I'm not sure why. I think I just need a break to read some frivolous book because the ones I have been struggling to get through are just tedious....

I'm still working through Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, last month's book club book, simply because I feel like I am too far into it (Beth just died - spoiler) and it's now a mission to get it done. But OH, is it boring and so not anything like I would have ever read. I care nothing for those girls and just want to see that last page. Really, the only thing keeping me going is the fact I have the cool Little Women, with the cover by Julie Doucet.



The other book started off as an audiobook from the library, Eating on the Wild Side, that was informative enough that I bought a Kindle copy to keep (and finish reading) as reference. Now I'm stalled. Bedtime reading just isn't right when you are reading about fruits and vegetables.

These two books have stopped me cold :( But I feel like I need to get them done and off my plate before I can really keep going. I'm so close to finishing both that it will be one heck of a victory to be done.

No comments: