Wednesday, January 1, 2014

32 in 2013

Sadly, I did not reach my goal of 40 books this year. I fell 8 short. But that's ok, because I know this year has been so busy with work (I'm not happy about that but I'm aware of it) and by the time I'd get home and be done working, I was too tired to read.

The last few books of the year were:

The Knitter's Book of Socks by Clara Parkes. Yes, this is technically a book, with patterns. I got it from the library and ended up asking for it for Christmas, which I got. It's very informative and will help my sock knitting skills grow.

Brick by Brick by David Robertson. I have to admit I got bored with this real quick. I stuck it out but, as much as I appreciate LEGO, I just didn't care for the book.

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.
Had to read before I see the movie. Very good. The first book in the trilogy was excellent. I don't think many serial books are excellent all the way through but I did enjoy the twists in Catching Fire.

I have another goal of 40 books for 2014. I'm hoping to re-focus on my personal life in 2014 rather than work. I think the fact that I am single makes it easier for me (and others) to push work instead of "family" personal time. But I see that changing :)

No comments: