Saturday, September 27, 2008

Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs

I'm a fan of forensic fiction and I'm a fan of Bones. I've been reading Reich's novels since Deja Dead and I really enjoy them.

Temperance Brennan is in Charlotte this round and working on several cases that appear to be related to each other via occult rituals/satanism. Cauldrons and various voodoo type objects are found at one scene while a headless body of a young man are found at another.

Brennan and Slidell battle a local "Christian" commissioner who just makes more trouble by riling up the community's fear. Brennan also, unfortunately, battles herself in this novel.

I like this Brennan better than I like TV's Brennan (although she's growing on me) and since Devil Bones leaves things up in the air, I really hope things work out. And I can't wait for the next Brennan book.

No comments: