Sunday, June 15, 2014

Tequila Mockingbird: Cocktails with a Literary Twist

For some reason, I enjoy reading drink recipes that either famous authors enjoyed (Hemingway & Bailey's Bartending Guide to Great American Writersor, in this case, are based on books. 

I grabbed this one from the library as a fun read. It didn't disappoint. It's a excellently illustrated book with just enough tidbits of info about the major books the drinks are based on to keep you entertained. And if you are mixing up the cocktails as you go, hey, more power to you.

I'm not a cocktail girl, preferring my drinks straight as they come, but I had the makings of at least one of the drinks: Rye and Prejudice. Rye whiskey and grapefruit juice. The first sip was bracing but the rest was just excellent. I've made note of the rest of the drinks to try, leaving out exceptionally fruity concoctions, and we will see how it goes. This is a good reason for me to beef up the liquor cabinet with mixers!


No comments: