Saturday, January 19, 2013

Bite Me by Christopher Moore

As an audiobook, this was well done enough to annoy the hell out of me. The reader did the idiotic Goth girl voice so well, I wanted to slap my iPod.

This is a love story. In a way. It's #3 in the series of Tommy and Jody, vampires from San Francisco. I haven't read a Moore book yet that hasn't made me crack up laughing and, once I got past the Goth girl voice, this wasn't any different.

Tommy posted an ad on Craigslist for a minion and Abby Normal, Goth girl and vampire-wannabe shows up for the job. This book is told mostly through diary/blog entries from Abby, but throws in other perspectives of other characters as well.

All of the characters are really pretty good although I especially love the Emperor of San Francisco and his men, Lazarus and Bummer. The Emperor is a homeless man who takes on the duty of protecting his city against the vampires. His men are dogs and Moore always translates dog speak for us - and it's hilarious.

Vampire kitties, old ones coming to San Fran, little sword-wielding Japanese men, fake Rasta men....This book has everything you need to satisfy your funny bone.

(and it's a better love story than Twilight!)

No comments: