Saturday, June 13, 2020

Brennan is the best.

I felt like I missed something when I read this. I scrolled back through the Temperance Brennan books and didn't seem to have missed anything. But we start off with Brennan's boss being murdered and Brennan having a brain aneurysm as well as being blackballed from her job by her boss' replacement. Did I miss where all this happened?

Either way, Brennan plunges ahead on a case of a faceless corpse that is found, without being in official capacity to do so. I worried about Brennan, she seemed a bit unhinged and paranoid in this book. But it turns out she had a right to be.

Something is very off about the faceless corpse, as well as the new head honcho's description of the case. Skinny Slidell, as well as others, don't have a lot of respect for the new coroner so they help Brennan out.

The key word in the title is Conspiracy. We went deep into conspiracy theories, the dark web, podcasts spewing garbage (much like what we have today) and Brennan went DEEP.  The rabbit holes are far reaching and you'll enjoy them more discovering them on your own.

No comments: