Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster

I grabbed this off of Audible, hoping for something to make me laugh. It did, some, but not what I was hoping for. On the flip side, it was still a good memoir about Lancaster's quest to not lose her feet to diabetes.

Lancaster is a narcissist. It's right there in the subtitle, so don't take that the wrong way. I think every woman SHOULD look into the mirror and think "Damn gurl! You fine!" regardless of their size. And that's exactly how Lancaster viewed herself up until her doctor gave her the death speech. Lancaster was about to turn 40 and was more overweight than even she thought.

As a pitch for a new book, Lancaster decides to lose 50 lbs and write about it. The book is picked up, therefore she must lose the weight. For as narcissistic as she makes herself out to be,  I have to admire what she did to lose the weight safely. Extra time at the gym with a trainer, weight watchers and lap swimming at the local pool. Although, I rolled my eyes a bit because she is a writer. That's her job. So taking the time to lose weight in that fashion, well, it was probably a bit easier than for folks who work outside the home.

Not a bad book. I will probably pick up some of her others to read because I enjoyed the writing.


No comments: