Sunday, August 19, 2018

The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish

I love it when I find new girl crushes.

My first intro to Tiffany Haddish was from The Daily Show:


hhhh

Her storytelling is hilarious! The Roscoe story was still playing out when I went to Audible and downloaded her book. I made the assumption that since she was reading it, it would be more than outstanding.

I was right. Geesh, this lady is funny. Even about things in her life that shouldn't be funny. Her storytelling of her mom's accident, being shuffled through the foster system, her horribly abusive ex-husband and all those terrible boyfriends made you laugh but I felt bad about laughing, but then I laughed more. And BAM..girl crush.  This woman took the shit from her life and made it into entertainment. She made a career out of it and launched herself out of her bad situations and into, I hope, super stardom. She deserves it.

The Roscoe story was even better here and her story about taking Will Smith and Jada on a swamp tour purchased on Groupon.....dear Lord. I sincerely hope someone punches her ex-husband for her....repeatedly.

Listen to the audiobook and listen all the way to the end for her Unicorn song.  *girl crush*




No comments: